That One Film Was So Awesome! What Was The Name Of It Again?
Choosing a title for your film or screenplay might be an afterthought. I strongly advise you to put some time into the name, to avoid confusion with other films. I recently wrote a short book, filled with advice for filmmakers that are submitting their creative work to the Film Festival Circuit. A small investment, goes a long way. Do yourself a favor. Download this book and avoid common mistakes that filmmakers make every day when submitting to Film Festivals. Strengthen your submission and get ahead of thousands of filmmakers that are submitting their work on FilmFreeway. Below, is the first paragraph of Chapter 3.
Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
"Over the last two years, we have received over 25 submissions that were named “Swipe Right.” When those 25 people came up with the title of their film, they probably thought it was appropriate or even creative. Few considered that there are several other submissions that may have the same exact title. Your title can give the viewer a memory point, that reminds them of which film is yours. "Return of the Jedi" and "The Walking Dead" are a little more specific than "Space Film" or "Zombie Show" right? Choosing a title that is not generic or overused, is smart for three different reasons. Film Festival attendees want to remember their favorite films. Second, similar film titles in the same competition can get very confusing for Film Festival Judges. Finally, search engines matter. If an interested party wants to research your film online, how hard will that be?" - Would you like to read more? Download the Film Festival Submitter's Handbook now!
This eBook Is Out Now!
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free! ( LINK )
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.