What Motivated You To Create This Film?
The Film Festival Circuit features fresh new stories and films, created by filmmakers worldwide, for the love of making films. People have a story to tell and your audience, whether it be Film Festival Judges or attendees, wants to know why? You chose to spend your time and creative energy on this project, what was your motivation? The Director's or Writer's statement is the opportunity for you to tell this story. I recently wrote a short book, filled with advice for filmmakers that are submitting their creative work to the Film Festival Circuit. A small investment, goes a long way. Looking for a director's statement example? I breakdown the elements that make it successful? Do yourself a favor. Download this book and avoid common mistakes that filmmakers make every day when submitting to Film Festivals. Strengthen your submission and get ahead of thousands of filmmakers that are submitting their work on FilmFreeway. Below, is the first paragraph of Chapter 6.
Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
"This is probably the most overlooked and forgotten item that filmmakers and screenwriters leave out of their submission details. Don't miss this opportunity to explain your personal motivation, inspiration, experiences and challenges that lead to the creation of your submission. Unlike a biography, which talks about the general background of the content creator, the director’s statement or writer’s statement is more personal as it pertains to the specific submission that the judge or festival attendee is about to experience." - Would you like to read more? Download the Film Festival Submitter's Handbook now!
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.